Built by David Hamilton in 1842 on the site of the 18th century Virginia Mansion, The Corinthian Club is one of Glasgow's most elaborate and richly decorated buildings both internally and externally. It originally housed the Glasgow Ship Bank which was extended and embellished with superb sculptures and decorative features, added by highly acclaimed architects, artists and artisans including James Salmon (Snr), John Thomas and James Ballantine.
In 1929, the building was converted into justiciary courts and one of the UK's finest Victorian interiors had many of its finest features hidden from public view behind false walls and ceilings.
In 1999, G1 Group painstakingly restored the 'Grade A Listed' building to its former splendour. This work included the reconstruction of the Roman Doric pilastrade and the restoration of the elaborate cornicing, superb sculptural plasterwork, free-standing classical figures and extensive gold-leaf work.